Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In the beginning...

I can think of three things that I loved when I was little kid that I still love today--arts and crafts, baking and music.  Throughout the years, my tastes have changed, but those three things, have remained.  I graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Journalism, Magazines to be specific, and another degree in Political Science.  You can add politics and journalism--writing, design and photography alike--to my list of interests. 

By day, I am a reporter for a small, daily newspaper in Middle Georgia, but in my free time I enjoy baking, cooking, photography, arts and crafts including sewing, quilting, scrapbooking and jewelry making, music of all types, photography, technology, popular culture and politics.  This is the place where all those things come together and I get to express myself as a true individual.  As a reporter, it's important to be able to express yourself outside of the workplace, as you have to remain as objective as possible in the news setting.  Sometimes not being able to give your opinion can drive you up the wall.  My hobbies are my escape. 

Enter into the world of Journalista Artista.  You can call me Jessica for short.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment