Friday, November 19, 2010

Pecan, Chocolate Chip and White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins


 Earlier this week, I looked at my kitchen table and realized that I had four bananas with spotted brown spots on them just staring me in the face.  It seems that every time I buy bananas, I never manage to eat them all before they get brown and mushy on the inside.  Instead of letting them go to waste, I decided to make banana bread.


I did a quick internet search and found the best rated, most popular recipe for banana bread on allrecipes.com.  I added my own twist to the recipe, as it did not call for the addition of white chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips or pecans.  For some, this bread may seem too rich, but I have a bit of a sweet tooth.  The recipe made one big loaf of banana bread, but I chose to make a small loaf of banana bread and 12 chocolate-white chocolate-pecan muffins.  I brought them into the office to share with my co-workers and they were received with great praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment